Monday, January 23, 2012

Life on the Ranch 5, first Dressage Lesson on Aimee!



This is Aimee!  She is a 12 year old Oldenburg/Pinto mare.  She is wonderful.  She is shown here with her foal born 7-10-11, Justice.  He was a beauty and is living in Divide, CO with his new owner.  When Aimee got bred in 2010 there was a little uprising here at the Ranch.  I did not want her bred for two reasons: one I love to ride her and two  her foal  died when it was 14 days old in 2008.  It was very hard on Aimee and also on us.  Well Boss Man put her in with Tysen(Friesian Stallion) and I saw her in there and went to take her out along with some other people who were here at the time.  They got Aimee out and were walking her away from the stallion when Boss Man comes driving up in his Bobcat with the hay spikes on it bouncing all over the place and comes to a screeching halt in front of all of us.  After a few *!*!! we were told to put her back in with Tysen.  Which of course we promptly did, because it was hysterical him chasing us on the bobcat.  He looked like a transformer!
The next day Boss Man saw my reason and took Aimee out.  Well it only took ONE Night with Tysen
and WA la Justice was born 11 months later..  During the time she was bred, Aimee did nothing but have the royal spa treatment.  It was worth it Justice was a magnificent foal. 

Well Aimee is back to work and that means I am to.  She is a Third Level Dressage Horse.  Which means she is smart and knows her stuff.  So Saturday we had a trainer come and work with us on the basics of Dressage.  I had so much fun and was so sore when done.  The great part was I was thrown from a horse in July who is about 6 feet tall.  Needless to say we had a disagreement on running and she won.  I could have thrown a parachute and landed softer.  But good news is I started wearing a helmet 2 years ago as my one daughter who is a nurse worked at a Rehab Hospital where there were a lot of head injuries.  I was amazed at the sound when I hit the ground on the top of my head, but the helmet took the hit and I was sore but fine. Nothing a little Pro Extreme, acupuncture and
chiropractic didn't help.

So I am getting not only my seat back but my confidence.  Oh and Boss Man went out Saturday night and bought me new riding pants, chaps and a helmet.  What a nice guy when he's not chasing me with the bobcat!

Oh Aimee will be bred in May of this year to Tysen again.  Yes a mare can be ridden when bred.  Just not hard rides.


No comments:

Post a Comment